Websites and applications are developed and adopted such as academic portal, student placement, apartment management, e-justice for customers, project management, laboratory information management, student information guides and the UoG website.
Various improved livestock breeds and crop varieties are adapted, popularized and demonstrated including dairy synchronization, one-day old chicken, quality protein maize, improved food and malt-barley participatory varietal selection, dukem tef, and vegetables.
Crops and livestock Demonstration and popularization of water melon for farmers
Crops and Vegetable popularization at Gorgora
Crops and Vegetable pop
Several technologies are designed, fabricated and transferred to end users such as village electrification using solar panels, tef row planter, honey bee colony transfer, vermi- composting, dog restraining tools, bone crushing machine, pharmacy compounding.
COVID-19 preventive tools and equipment are designed and assembled. Some of the technologies include mechanical ventilator, IV-stand, face-shield, automatic and semi-automatic hand washing and dispensers, sanitizer, venture value, splitter, door opener, drone, and other 3D products.
COVID-19 automatic dispensers
COVID-19_Venturi value and door opners
It include methods of petroleum production and beer from finger millet. Utility models such as herbal adhesives, chemical composition for lap top battery and methods of preparation. There is downloadable files Below.
UoG participated exhibitions at local and national levels. UoG conducted exhibition in May 2022 and participated at national level during HERT convention in 2021.
- Dabat research center
- Non- communicable disease research center
- Tropical and infectious disease research center
- Clinical trial research center
- Leishmaniasis research center
- Malaria research center
- To play its part in ensuring the sustainable social and economic development of the country by producing a hardworking, patriotic and responsible citizen by conducting health and health problem solving research and strengthening community participation and technology transfer process.
- Focus on strategic issues
- Efficiency and quality of service delivery
- Focus on a national problem
- Encourage and support creativity
- Following the principle of sustainability
- Transparency and participation
- Commitment and accountability
- Multidisciplinary partnership and globalization
- Information exchange and communication
- Respect and acknowledge success.
- Research and Dissemination Excellence
- Excellence of Education Programs
- Global and Partnership
- Institutional Capacity Building
- Consumer perspective
- Financial perspective
- Internal perspective
- Learning and growth perspective
- Responsible for CED and report to the Vice President for research and technology transfer
- Collaborate with the Vice President on research and technology transfer
- He/she shall be a member of the University Senate.
- He/she shall be a member of the management of the college.
- Works in coordination with CAD, CCD and business and development
- Responsible for research, community services and technology transfer activities
- Identify and implement community engaging and problem-solving activities;
- Monitor the research results of the institution for publication
- Directs projects; strives for consistency and clarity
- Plans field stays for students; monitors and executes
- Verifies according to the guidelines before conducting various research questions
- Provides up-to-date reports to CED and Vice President for research and technology transfer
- Performs additional assignments from CED
- Administered by Senate Legislation and at various times
Theme: Health and Human Well-being
- Sub-theme 1: Infectious Diseases, Global Health, and Drug Resistance
- Sub-theme 2: Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health
- Sub-theme 3: Nutrition, Food Safety and Quality, and Traceability
- Sub-theme 4: Non-Communicable Diseases and Rehabilitative Health Services
- Sub-theme 5: Environmental and Occupation Health
- Sub-theme 6: Psychological and Mental Health
- Sub-theme 7: Health System, Policy and Resource Management
- Sub-theme 8: Pharmaceutical Sciences and Molecular Biology
- Sub-theme 9: Sport, Health and Exercise
- University of Gondar received and offered several awards and recognitions at local, national and international levels.